Sell your home FASTER for more MONEY
WE CHOOSE TAMMY
If you want it SOLD, call Tammy... She gets the job done!
√ Your home advertised 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, until it is SOLD.
√ Your home advertised to millions on www.tammyhomesold.com .
√ Your home advertised in full colour prints ads every week until it is SOLD.
√ Wide networks of home buyers.
√ 100% Satisfaction guaranteed.
√ Speaks English, Cantonese & Mandarin.
If you are thinking of selling your home, before you become overwhelmed at the task we need to discuss 10 steps that will help bring you the objective of making this process easier on you.
1. Determine Why And When You Would Like To Sell. Motivation plays a critical factor in determining what course of action you need to take. Spring is typically a faster paced season to sell and winter tends to be a little slower. Regardless, there are always people looking to buy and seasons are only one factor to consider. Give me a call. I will be able to help get you in the right direction.
2. Call me to set a time to meet. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I know the market well. I can supply you with information on past sales and current listings. I can also provide you with a market evaluation of your home which to indicate how much your home should go for. If you feel comfortable with me and that I have a genuine interest in helping you then you are on the right track.
3. Sign A Listing Agreement With Me. The agreement authorizes me to market and promote your home. The agreement serves 3 purposes. a) It defines our relationship. b) It provides detailed information on your home which can be posted to the Real Estate Board Multiple Listing Service. c) It forms a basis for drafting offers on your home.
4. Set Your Price. You want to attract buyers, the RIGHT asking price will do it. I know the factors affecting the market. For example: Your neighborhood may be under development with larger families and houses, a demand for housing in general, a reputableschool nearby, and lowinterest rates boosting people's willingness to take out mortgages. I will do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to the homes recently sold, active and expired in your area and we will set the price.
5. Prepare Your Home For Viewing. Get your mop, vacuum, toolbelt & paint brush and let's get your home a mini make-over. It's the little things you can do to attract an offer. Get rid of the clutter, clean everything, repair as much as you can within reason, add some beautifying touches like new door handles on cupboards and perhaps even paint. Put away all the 'extras'.
6. Let Me Market Your Home. This is my expertise and this is where I can be at most benefit to you and your success. I will use combinations of marketing from traditional media like flyers and newspaper advertisements to MLS, my own website and networking. Open House for Realtors and the public is also very beneficial.
7. Prepare Your Finances. Is your mortgage portable without any penalties? Can the buyer 'assume' your mortgage? Can you discharge your mortgage without any penalties? Does capitol gains tax apply to you? Talk with your mortgage broker.
8. Offers! Let's Look At Offers. I will walk you through the process, you will see every offer. There may be some conditions you may want to change, we will discuss each and every detail. This is one of the most important tasks and reasons you have hired me, the negotiation skills. Don't be offended if your offer is well below the asking price. Instead, evaluate it for what it's worth and counter back. Successful negotiation is an art and because it's a highly emotional time and I'm here to guide you through with success.
9. Close The Deal! Excellent, negotiations are successful and we have time for the most vital steps now. A) Contact your lawyer and let them know an Agreement has been signed. B) Immediately begin satisfying any conditions that require your actions to complete. C) Notify the lawyer and lending institution if the buyer is assuming your mortgage D) Contact utilities, telephone and cable companies about transfer or removal of service. E) Call insurance agent and arrange cancellation or transfer of your homeowners insurance. F) Call a moving company. G) Send out change of address cards including Ministry of Transportation for your BCDL etc. H) Notify me immediately if there are any changes to your property or situation.
10. Conveyance. The fees can range from few hundreds to $1500. I will give you a complete list of lawyers and notary publics to choose to do your conveyance, it's where they transfer the title of the property and deal with the proceeds. Ask them how they structure their fees and get an estimate of all other costs you can expect.
Congratulations!!! You have sold your house! I'm please to have helped you :-)
Costs for selling a home
Before the tax due date (in most lower mainland areas taxes are due on the 1st business day in July) you will be required to pay a portion of the estimated taxes for the coming year. This also applies to utilities(water, sewer & garbage) if they are billed separately from the property taxes.
Check with your lender about prepayment privileges and penalties. Some mortgages do not allow any prepayment prior to the maturity date and if prepayment is allowed, penalties can be substantial. If you have the right to prepay a portion of your mortgage without penalty and have not exercised that right for the year of the sale, you should ask your lender if they will take that prepayment privilege into account when calculating your penalty for early prepayment.
STRATA TITLE HOMES - CONDOMINIUMS & TOWNHOUSES
You may be required to pay a move out fee. This is charged by the Strata Corporation and will be deducted from the sale proceeds.
Legal costs do vary. When requesting a quote ask that it include fees, all disbursements (the cost of searches, registration fees, couriers, photocopies, faxes, land title agent's fees, etc.) and taxes (GST & PST) to be charged.
REAL ESTATE COMMISSION - GST is payable on real estate commission.